Beauregard Watermelon Festival
Presiding Judge: Festival Committee Member Pat Andrews
Championship event is open to all ages. Division breakdown as follows:
Junior Division 12-16 years
Adult Division 17 years and up
- Contestants shall compete in their proper age and sex group. Final decisions of sex and age shall be determined by judges.
- No contestant can enter more than one division.
- Decisions of judges shall be final and irrevocable. In case of ties, a second eat shall be ordered.
- Speed of eating is the major factor of championships; however, certain emphasis will also be placed on neatness, lack of burping and certain other competitive courtesies.
- Seed spitting shall be done in a straight forward manner. Seeds discharged in any direction or onto competitor's slice will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- No competitor shall ask for, nor receive, any special bathroom privileges until completion of individual eat.
- Any complaint relative to size of melon slice must be lodged with judge prior to start of eat.
- Costume or uniform shall be optional. Raincoats, umbrellas, and galoshes will be permitted. Acceptable also are snorkel, scuba equipment, or underwater breathing devices.
- Sponsors shall not be held responsible for the after effects of seeds swallowed by any contestant. Contestants must use his/her own hands to secure melon firmly to table during contest.
- Raising of slice during contest is not allowed.
Watermelon speed eating contest