Beauregard Watermelon Festival
A physician owned hospital
Seed Spitting Contest
Presiding judge: Festival Committee member Pat Andrews
Championship event is open to all ages. Division breakdown as follows:
12-16 years --Junior Division
17 years and up -- Adult Division
- Seed Spitting is an open competition for any age / sex. Height, weight, or size of mouth shall not prevent any individual from competing. Official spitting seed will be provided. No one will be permitted to use their own seed.
- Professional tobacco spitters are not eligible. Chin dribblers shall be disqualified.
- Immediate disqualification to any contestant using any form of pipe, tube, or other hollow object to propel seeds.
- Any competitor receiving assistance, of any kind, at moment of seed launching shall be immediately disqualified.
- Contestants who accidentally swallow seeds while sucking in air prior to seed launch will be given one extra seed. Sponsors shall not be held responsible for the after effects of seeds swallowed by any contestant.
- People who wear dentures, whose teeth go farther than the seed, shall abide by judge's decision. Distance seed travels is the only thing that counts. Poly-grip available on request.
- No running, jumping, skipping, or laying down while spitting. All spitting shall be from an erect, stationary stance.
- All spitting methods shall be acceptable. Simple blowing of seeds from between teeth, from corners of lips, wide open mouth, the tongue roll, or any style preferred by contestant.